Monday, August 28, 2017

What Do You Enjoy Doing?

One of the first things I do at the beginning of the school year is let my kids ask me random questions. I tell them they can ask me whatever they want to know about me as a person. I always hold the power to veto any question because....middle schoolers! :-) One of their questions was, "What do you enjoy doing?" I thought about my answer for a second. I had multiple things I could say, but what came to my mind was enjoying a good meal with good people!

It doesn't matter if it's one friend, multiple friends, or couples! I just feel like it's good for your soul. I've shared multiple good meals with good people over the last week or so, and it has really left me refreshed! 




Courtney and I got a wild hair and decided to go to Del Frisco's (Yay Restaruant Week!) on a Tuesday night, because we are WILD AND CRAZY LIKE THAT! Just kidding...our reservation was a 6:30. We were in the car by 8:45, and I was in bed by 9:30. That's how teachers roll, especially at the beginning of the school year. (Am I right?!)

Most recently I went to Del Frisco's Grille with a phenomenal group of ladies!

Me, Abby, Erica, Whitney, Faith

These girls have been such a blessing to my life over the last couple of years! I feel as though I have always known them. They are supportive, encouraging, and all around good Christian women! 

It was Erica's big 3-0, so we had a girl's dinner to celebrate!


Our steaks, salads, and sides were (of course) fantastic! We ate all of our food, and were totally stuffed when we realized we had twelve cupcakes to share! Whitney brought a variety of cupcakes, but when I saw the strawberry one I wasn't exactly interested in the rest. It was calling my name! I didn't take a picture of any of them...blogger fail!

 Whitney and Abby


We sat around and visited for several hours. We shared A LOT of laughs with each other! There was a moment where I had to dry my eyes from laughing. By the time we were leaving I had a full belly, and a full heart!

I'm telling you...good food and good friends make for a full belly and full heart! 💜💜💜

What do I suggest today???
  1. Get together with some good people and enjoy a good meal! I'm not saying it has to be Del Frisco's, but chose somewhere that you love! Spend some time with the people that make life what it is! I promise, it's worth it!
  2. With temps in the mid to upper 80's in DFW for the next week I'd suggest checking out a patio! Have that good meal with good people on a good patio! I'd suggest Woodshed and Press Cafe in Fort Worth!


No comments:

Post a Comment