Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Solar Eclipse and a Makeup Must Have!

Unless you've been living on a rock, you're well aware that Monday there was a solar eclipse that was visible all over the US! My dad told me that the last time a partial eclipse was visible here I was four. I know he's right because....he's my dad...he's right about EVERYTHING!!! 

(Seriously. When it comes to dates...he always knows. You could say, "dad do you remember when that helicopter landed on the soccer field? What day was that on?" He could tell you almost the exact day of the week and the year! I seriously just asked him this question just to see what he'd say. His response was "oh that was the Saturday of Labor Day weekend in 1990." Then he walked away, and returned a few seconds later with, "it was September 1, 1990!")

I digress...

I had to go over to my parent's house during my off period to grab lunch. (Because I had been in school four days and had forgotten my lunch three of those days...😂) He had left out his wielding shield so we could use it to check out the eclipse. Mom and I took turns checking it out!




I was pretty excited to check out an eclipse at an age when I'll actually remember it! I thought it was going to be interesting, but I didn't expect to be in such awe! I was sad I had to run back to school, but was happy that I was able to see what I had.

When I got to school I saw a pair of eclipse glasses at the front desk.



A teacher had left them at the office for people to use, so I promptly went right back outside to check out the eclipse again. I ended up staying outside, with a group of others, until right before it hit it's peak at 1:08! 




There were about 15 people out front doing exactly what I was doing. There were teachers, our campus police officer, UPS delivery men, lawn care men, and some parents who had checked their kids out so they could watch it with them. Everyone who looked echoed the same sentiment I shared. It was just an awesome experience! 

I seriously was not expecting to geek out the way I did! I definitely have my nerdy moments, but this was above and beyond! Seriously. I couldn't stop geeking out!!! I'm already looking forward to the full eclipse that is visible in DFW in 2024!

After all my excitement of the solar eclipse, we had "Meet the Teacher." "Meet the Teacher" ended at 7:30 that night, so it was a long day! I talked to soooooooo many people. By the time it ended, I wasn't interested in speaking at all. Trust me, that's odd. When I got in my car I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I was shocked to see my makeup was still looking good! Seriously. After TWELVE HOURS my face still looked good! I credit that to a few fantastic products! 



I've used Urban Decay Quick Fix priming spray and Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray for a couple of months. It's fabulous stuff! Over the summer, I could swim after using these. I'd just blot my face with a towel after I was out of the water, and had perfect makeup! Crazy. (Helpful tip: Use the setting spray prior to your mascara. You can thank me after you forget the first time and have mascara run under your eye. I speak from experience!)

My friend Courtney (Hey Court! 💜) recently suggested that I get some of their eye shadow primer. I finally listened and WOW! She was right. It's marvelous!!!

What do I suggest today?
  1. The three Urban Decay products that helped me stay pretty for twelve hours at school without reapplying my makeup! You will not go wrong with these products. If you're not ready for all three, go with the eye shadow primer! They carry it at Sephora and Ulta. It's also on Amazon if you'd rather it just show up on your door! :-)
  2. One of my suggestions a week or so ago was to check out Coyote Drive-In. Well...I actually have TWO free tickets to see The Sandlot/Goonies tomorrow night at the drive-in. They are free to the first person to leave a comment and claim them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment