Monday, August 21, 2017

Weekend Update!

We finished the first "week" of school on Friday! My students were only at school Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. A short week for the kids is absolutely perfect, because back to school is quite an adjustment for them!

As soon as I got out of school I headed to the airport to pick up Matthew. His flight was delayed, so I ended up being a bit early. I settled in with the book I'm reading, and was happy to have a few minutes of downtime! 


After I picked him up we headed to Southlake to roam around their town square. I love their town square, and it has most of my favorite stores! We went to Kendra Scott, and I didn't end up with a single thing. I had noticed some earrings online that I had basically fallen in love with, but I ended up hating them when I saw them in person! #sadday 

I've been wanting seafood a lot lately, and wanted it AGAIN Friday night. So after leaving Southlake we headed to a seafood restaurant on Lake Grapevine that we were wanting to try out. From pictures on Yelp, we noticed you could actually see fireworks from the patio tables, which was definitely a win since that was our plan for after dinner!!! #winning

 The restaurant is Big Daddy's Ship Store

Because I have a new found love for oysters (cooked of course), I got their char-grilled oysters. I thought they were delicious! Matthew ordered one of their shrimp boil pot things. (I can't remember the name!) It came with potatoes, corn, shrimp, etc. Basically all the good stuff!


We didn't even have to leave our table in order to watch the fireworks! We stayed comfortably seated at our table, munched on our dinner, and watched fireworks! It was a perfect Friday night! 

This company offers a paddle board tour to the fireworks for $45. I have paddle boarded a few times, and really enjoy it. This combines fireworks (one of my FAVORITE things), and paddle boarding. I feel like that's a win win! It's on my list to check out soon! A group of them passed by the restaurant we were at and basically settled it. I have to do it!!!

Saturday night was our annual back to school date! We've done it every year since we very first started dating. When trying to determine what exactly we wanted to do, we decided on something we've talked about for a couple of years. We decided to take advantage of DFW Restaurant Week!! Some of the best restaurants all over DFW offer a special menu at special prices, and part of the proceeds go to the North Texas Area Food Bank!

We chose to head to Capital Grille, because it's just so yummy!!  

 I ordered the Porcini Rubbed Sliced Tenderloin because it's closest to what I order normally. The only difference was the weight of the meat, which was perfect anyway!
Creme Brulee...I 💜 you!!! 

On Sunday afternoons I like to focus on making sure I'm ready for the following week. So after church/lunch I start looking at the week ahead. One of the main things I have to do is get my groceries. I like to order my groceries online via either Walmart, or Kroger. It just depends on what I need. (Here's my review of both Kroger and Walmart!)

(Side note-I did my grocery shopping while standing in a ridiculously long line at Ulta Saturday afternoon. Seriously!!! It's the BEST THING EVER!)

I pulled up, check in via the app (yea...you don't even have to call them!), and waited! Last week at Kroger, I waited less than four minutes. This week I waited eleven, but that was okay with me because...

 I was excited for a few minutes to relax with my book!

I went home, put my groceries away, packed my lunch, and headed to...
Image result for massage envy
I have the best masseuse...Kevin! I had planned it so my appointment was right before my first full week of school...let me tell you...THAT was a good idea!!!

Then because it was so tasty last Sunday, I headed to....

Braum's has the BEST SHAKES! I've wanted another one since the one I had last Sunday, so finally I just went with it. #noregrets
I had an hour or so before Matthew's softball game so I caught an episode of...
It's my favorite summertime show! I'm always SUPER pumped for it to come on, but by the time it ends, I'm ready! Three days is just A LOT to try and keep up with once school starts!

I've really enjoyed this season, but I'm starting to view it differently all of a sudden! Paul is just absolutely running this house. I applaud him for being able to basically control the entire house, but I wish someone other than Cody would stand up and try to take him out!!! (I'm like a week behind, so I'm trying to stay away from spoilers! Shhhh...don't tell me!!!)
Sunday night means Matthew's softball game!


The game before still had 20 minutes on the clock, so I pulled my book out while I was waiting for the game to start! The result this week wasn't as good, but there's always next week!

What do I suggest today???
  1. Check out DFW Restaurant Week! Some restaurants are running the specials until August 26, so you still have time!!! (Anything on the list that is red goes until the 26th!)
  2. Go checkout one of my favorite summer activities...fireworks at Lake Grapevine! Here's the website that will give you all the info you need! It even tells you were to go to view the fireworks! There are only two more opportunities to see them this year, so pick a restaurant for dinner and make a night of it!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely going to try out the restaurant, maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know how you like it! Capital Grille is one of my favorites!

      Delete
    2. Though I just realized perhaps you were referring to the one on Grapevine Lake...🤔

      Delete