Wednesday, August 16, 2017

It's the First Day of School!

Today was the first day of school! I'm the type of teacher who gets super excited about school starting back up again. Last night it was close to midnight before I finally fell asleep, and this morning I popped right up when my alarm went off! I was outside greeting kids as they walked in this morning and I'm pretty sure this was what I looked like!
Seriously, I 💜 Seinfeld!

I am really satisfied with the way my room came together. Even though it's middle school, I like my room to feel homey. I spend so much time there that I have to feel comfortable, but I also want my room to be comfortable and welcoming to my kids! I only use lamps for my lighting, and they definitely help it to feel warm, but I took these pictures with the lights on so you can see! Here's a look around!







Do all teachers act just like their students and take "back to school" pictures? My mom likes to have them. Just the other day she reminded me I'll always be her baby, even if I'm 29! (Shout out to you, mommy! 💜 Thanks for bringing my lunch to school after I forgot it this morning! 😀)

My "back to school" picture! 

It was a good day, but I was also ready for the end of the day by the time school let out. Talking ALL day long will really wear you out! My mouth was actually sore. We all made it through a successful day!

After I left school I decided I really wanted a sandwich. There's only one place that fits that requirement for me, Dino's in Arlington. It's an old school New York style sandwich shop. It used to intimidate me because Matthew told me I had to know exactly what I was ordering prior to getting to the front of the line, otherwise they would ask me to go to the end of the line. This is what I was expecting if I made any mistake in my order....

(Except "no sandwich for you!)

Apparently he was just trying to make sure I made a decision about what I wanted and wasn't trying to make a decision as everyone is waiting for me. At times, making decisions isn't exactly a strong suit of mine! 

Here's a peek at their old school menu!

I went straight home, grabbed my blanket, ate my sandwich, and watched one of my favorite movies!
How could you not love this movie??? Yellow is my favorite color, and I wanted a gown just like that for band banquet after this movie came out!

It's currently 8:45pm, and I'd be shocked if I'm actually awake at 9:30 tonight! All you teachers can understand where I'm coming from! 

What do I suggest today?
  1. Go check out Dino's Sandwich Shop in Arlington! I get "The Big D" with "The Works" no onion, add avocado! It's crazy good! 
  2. Go watch, or re-watch, "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days!" It still holds up as a solid movie! Can you believe it came out in 2003?????? Wasn't that like yesterday???  




No comments:

Post a Comment