Thursday, September 7, 2017

Labor Day Weekend Part 1

Do you know what makes a three day weekend even better??? Not realizing it's a three day weekend until Friday morning! I mean I knew we were off Labor Day, but I just wasn't thinking that far in advance! 

To celebrate the three day weekend, Matthew and I headed to one of our favorite places! 
When the weather is nice we love Reata because they have a great rooftop patio!



We've always ordered the Bacon Wrapped Crab Stuffed Jalapenos for an appetizer! They are phenomenal, and served over cheese grits! This time, I guess we were feeling CRAZY because we ended up ordering their signature appetizer...Tenderloin Tamales with Pecan Mash.

(It's served with three...but I forgot to take a picture! #blogfail)

The tamales were.......okay. If I'd never had the stuffed jalapenos, I'd probably think better of them! Next time, I'll stick with the tried and true jalapenos! For dinner, we split Jalapeno Cilantro Crusted Texas Red Fish! Jalapeno + cilantro + fish = perfect for Sydney! It was fantastic! It was delicious, filling, and light. Exactly what I wanted! (I'd show you a picture, but it just wasn't...pretty!) 

Saturday morning we headed to Waxahachie for the Good News Fest our church was helping out at!

I was part of the Outreach team, and we basically spread out throughout the park to invite people to the event, pray with them, and share the Gospel! I worked with several awesome people, and we were quite successful! 

(Me, Whitney, Mona)

We had free food (who doesn't love food???), face painting, balloon animals, praise and worship music (that you could hear throughout the park), and even giveaways! Then we all headed into the auditorium (You can see it right behind us in the picture above) for service!

(This building is historic, and was built in 1902! It is gorgeous!)

We had a successful day at the Good News Fest. In all, we had thirteen salvations! I was part of five of them! Whitney and I lead a group of five teenage girls to the Lord! It was so awesome to watch God move all throughout the day! 

After the Good News Fest, we headed to Fort Worth for the TCU football game! When we walk across campus to the game, we always have to walk by the "lilly pads" because they are just so pretty!


I'm an honorary TCU fan because Matthew went to TCU, and is all about those Horned Frogs! My college was small, and I don't think I ever attended a full football game. (Our "stadium" was the local high school football stadium. #fancy) I was also working on the weekends, if I wasn't at home!

Let's Go Frogs! 

The sunset behind the scoreboard was so pretty! I saw several people take an almost identical picture! I love a good sunset, but with the American and Texas flags waving...beautiful! 


As we were leaving the game a sign caught my eye, and we ended up thinking we needed food. We ended up at a good ol' diner! 


Judging by the amount of purple in the restaurant...we weren't the only ones with this idea! We left a little before the game ended, and we definitely beat the rush. By the time we were leaving, they were on a wait!

One of the things they are known for is the German Pancake. I don't know how to explain what it is...but it's kind of like a thick crepe with melted butter, powdered sugar, and lemon juice! The German Pancake is HUGE! Fortunately they make an individual size called a Dutch Baby. I ordered one, plus a side of sausage. Matt tried it and couldn't determine if he hated it, or loved it. I don't really understand how that's possible...but I knew it meant more for me! 

I know...the picture doesn't look like much...you'll have to trust me! 

It was a perfect way to end a fun, long, busy day!

What do I suggest today???
  1. Head to Reata when the weather is nice! Tomorrow night would perfect because the weather should be so pleasant! Don't make the mistake we did...just get the jalapenos! They have great steaks and fish for your entree!
  2. Go to Ol South, and get yourself a Dutch Baby! I'd be curious what you think! I can't see how anyone would not enjoy it! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment