Monday, August 7, 2017

This and That

Today is the first day back to school for teachers in my district, so summer is officially over for me! It was difficult this morning getting myself together, but our administration bought doughnuts for everyone, and even had THE VERY BEST DOUGHNUT IN THE WORLD!!!
(Seriously! This is my favorite doughnut. Don't try to give me those nasty rod shaped sprinkles! Give me all the crunchy ones!)


Who doesn't love this movie???
I'm pretty excited because on August 26th we're going to see "The Sandlot" at the drive-in in Fort Worth. I've been talking about going to the drive-in since it opened forever ago, and have never made it. It's actually a double feature with "The Goonies," but since I've never seen that I'm kind of neutral! It's only $3 for a double feature, so if you're looking for something super affordable and family friendly, this is the perfect thing! What's your opinion on it? Will I enjoy "The Goodies?"


This week my church is having Vacation Bible School every night starting at 7pm. Last week I went to the church to help with set up. We were blessed by another church giving us A LOT of decorations. The hardest part was figuring out a plan of what should go where. It took a while, but eventually game together and looks EXCELLENT!!! This was after the first day of decorating. It is even better now, but I forgot to take a picture.


The weather last week was actually pleasant. It was abnormal for the first week of August, but in all the best ways! Friday night Matthew and I had a dinner date planned and decided to take advantage of the weather at a great patio restaurant!
My friend Whitney brought me here a month or so ago, and since I wouldn't stop talking about the food, Matthew wanted to try it for himself! (Spoiler Alert: He loved it!)

I had a burger the first time (holy deliciousness!) and decided to get something different this time, so I got Sea Scallops. I had only ever take a bit of a scallop before, so I knew I'd at least eat them. They are kind of a cross between crab and lobster? That's the best way I could think to describe them. We also added on a side of brussel sprouts. Technically an appetizer, but that just seems weird, so we made them a side. Matthew got the fish of the day (Mahi) sandwich. He said it was very good, but I was so wrapped up in the brussel sprouts and scallops that I had no interest in trying it! (Yes, they were THAT good!)

Apparently it was the weekend of eating, because the very next day we drove to Dallas to meet our friends, Bobby and Whitney, at Shake Shack. I had been wanting to try it out for a while, so I was pumped. I also love a bacon cheeseburger because...bacon...cheese...duh!
 It's basically in the parking lot of the Crescent Hotel in Uptown. 

This is my good friend Whitney. I'm so thankful for friends like her! 

They have indoor seating, but have a GREAT outdoor area too. It's covered in large shade trees, so it's not too hot. They also have lots of Adirondack chairs, ping pong tables, and corn hole boards. We sat around and talked for a little while, then played corn hole, and Bobby and Matthew played ping pong. It was a perfect way to relax and fellowship while letting your belly full of delicious food and milkshakes digest! 



What do I suggest today? 

1. Head to Coyote Drive-In and see a movie! They have a Classic Movie Series coming up, and are playing "The Goonies," "Beetlejuice," and "The Sandlot."

2. When you have a good weather day, go to Press Cafe in Fort Worth. Get whatever you want, because it all looks delicious! If you're indecisive (like me) you won't go wrong with the Classy Burger, or Sea Scallops!

And because clearly I'm interested in food at the moment...

3. Head to Shake Shack in Dallas. I heard they're opening one in Fort Worth soon, so if you have a disdain for Dallas like some people I know wait for the one in Fort Worth! It's definitely a low-key kind of place that's perfect to hang out with friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment