Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Teacher PD Day #2

All week this week at church we have Vacation Bible School for kids and special revival services for adults. Sunday night I worked upstairs in VBS, and last night I was able to go to service. They have been great services, both for the kids and for the adults. 
I snapped this in the middle of praise and worship last night.

Professional development days aren't necessarily the most riveting of days for teachers, but the absolute BEST thing about those days is that we have a WHOLE HOUR FOR LUNCH!!! For teachers, that is a luxury we don't often get! My teammate Krolick (we call each other by last name in the middle school world) and were craving burgers, so we hit up Braum's. I got a bacon cheeseburger...because why get a burger if it has no cheese or bacon on it??? That would just be crazy.
Krolick and I have been teaching together on the same team for going on five years!


Our afternoon session was slightly difficult for me. Apparently stuffing yourself full of cheeseburgers and fries is not a wise choice right before you go sit in professional development for 4 hours. This was me at a certain point.
I really just wanted to curl up and take a nap, but alas I put on my thinking cap and came up with some good ideas!


What do I suggest today?

1. Go to Braum's, or anywhere else (except Sonic...because just no) that has milk shakes, and get a chocolate milkshake. I really wanted one, but if I given in to that temptation, I probably would have fallen asleep in our training!

2. Enjoy those extended lunch breaks during PD, teachers!!! Before you know it your kids will be back, and you'll be rushing to simply eat something with solid nutritional value. That means Act II Movie Theatre butter popcorn DOES NOT COUNT! No, it's not a vegetable! (Let's be honest, no one wants the lounge to smell like popcorn anyway...burned or not! 😂😂😂)

No comments:

Post a Comment