Friday, November 17, 2017

Do I Need an Apple Watch for Christmas???

When Apple Watches first came out I was basically horrified at the thought of having your phone on your wrist. My how my thoughts have changed!

My friend (Hey Courtney!) loves her Fitbit. When she first got it she told me all about it! Everything she told me really made it sound appealing. When she got a new one, she let me take her old one to see if I liked it before I actually bought one. 

I did enjoy the Fitbit, but I kept wanting it to do things it just didn't do. I decided to look in to the Apple Watch to see what it could do. I looked up comparisons between the Fitbit and Apple Watch. As it turned out, the Apple Watch did everything I wanted the Fitbit to do...plus more!

I ended up deciding I needed an Apple Watch, and got one for Christmas last year. I got the Series 2 watch, and have never looked back! With Christmas coming up, I thought it would be the perfect time to share all my favorite features of my Apple Watch.......aside from just telling time!

This is my "go-to" watch face!

I use this most often at school, because I can access my timers right from the face!
You can also set a picture as a face background!
These are my favorite Apple Watch features!
  • I can look at text messages without ever picking up my phone. I can see if it's something pressing, or if it can wait. I can easily respond right from the watch. I can use voice-to-text, or actually write with my finger!
  • I can answer phone calls/make phone calls. I answer phone calls on my watch often while I am digging through my purse/looking for my phone. When I find my phone, I can switch over from the watch to my phone and continue the conversation on the phone. I can also go from the phone to the watch!
  • I can check emails. I can easily see if it is an email from a parent, something that needs an urgent reply, or yet ANOTHER email reminding me to put in my attendance....teachers you know!
  • I can check the weather. I can see the current temperature, but I can also easily see the forecast for the next 7 days. With one of my weather apps, I can even check the radar!
  • I can set a timer. This is so useful at school! There are preset timers, but I can also set a custom timer. This is handy when I know one minute isn't enough, but two minutes is too much! 
  • I can control music. My watch works with the Apple Music app, and I can switch songs, control volume, etc all without touching my phone. Pandora, and TuneIn Radio both have apps that I can control from my watch.
  • I can keep track of my activity. It keeps track of my steps, and heart rate. I recently found out that if my heart rate jumps higher than 130, I get an alert! I get notified if I have been still too long, even if it's a little judgmental! :-)
  • I can follow my GPS. I don't have to have my phone out, and can look at turn-by-turn directions right on my watch. It will ding, and vibrate when I need to turn. It is so nice! 
  • I can use Apple Pay! I don't have to open my purse, and dig for my wallet to get my card. I just double click, set my wrist next to the scanner, and done! It's great!
  • The Series 2 is also water resistant up to 50m! I can leave it on while I'm hanging at the pool in the summer and not have to worry!
Some features I've used, but don't use all the time:
  • I can request an Uber, and check the location of the driver, all from the Uber watch app!
  • I can look at gate information, baggage claim, and show my boarding pass on my American Airlines app!

What do I suggest today?
  1. Put an Apple Watch on your Christmas wish list! You will not regret it. The Series 3 recently came out, and you can actually make/receive calls without your phone around! I'm sure it has other features, but that's the one I know about!












1 comment: