Monday, August 14, 2017

Weekend Update

Last week my life was an abundance of activity. It was my first week back to work, and at night I was either working VBS or attending our Revival services. For a teacher with summer brain, all that going had me dragging a bit by Friday morning! Thankfully we had a work day all day Friday, so for a couple of hours this was me...
I was sitting at my desk wrapped in a blanket (I love being wrapped in a blanket!), drinking coffee (Made the exact same way I always do!), watching the Real Housewives (We all have a guilty pleasure!), cutting out laminating! I had what I refer to as "Happy Cards" to cut out for my "Happy Wall" in my room. I was happy to be completing this task, while relaxing!

At some point our principal came over the announcements, and told us they would be testing the fire alarms. She informed us if it went off, we did not have to evacuate. About 10 minutes later it started going off. Of course I had already forgotten about it, and practically jumped out of my chair! 
This happened many times throughout the day. Every time it started going off again, you'd hear someone around you screech because it startled them! It may, or may not, have been me. Okay...it was me. I like to think it wasn't just me! 😀 

Saturday morning I met my mom, LJ, Campbell, and Nancy in Bedford for 101 Dalmatians at the Artisan Children's Theater
Nancy, LJ, Campbell, Me, Mom

Is Cam's dress perfect or what??? She's seriously the cutest!

As we were walking in Mom said, "I think I'll get popcorn for everyone to munch on." I said, "I'm not going to eat any, but go ahead and get some. I'm sure Cam will eat some." Approximately five minutes later...


Did I eat that whole bag of popcorn??? Yes. Do I regret it??? Nope. Popcorn is a weakness. Why does it have to be so delicious? (Side note: I've been known to go to the movie theater just to buy a large popcorn and a Cherry Coke. There's just nothing better!)

I digress...

The children's theater was so fun! I thought the play was adorable! I didn't know going in that all the actors/actresses were played by kids! The older kids were teenagers, but there were no adults.


Cruella was not scary at all. (I remember being a little frightened of Cruella as a child...though no one played a better Cruella than Glenn Close...even if I hid my eyes when she was on the screen!) The run time on the play was just under an hour. LJ took Campbell to see Madagascar a few months back and said it ran right at an hour. I feel like that length is absolutely perfect for the little kiddos! Just about the time you're about to lose them...it's over! 

101 Dalmatians runs until August 19th, then it's Snow White from October 6th-November 4th. Not only do they have a Children's Theater, but they have shows for grownups too! Currently Sister Act is playing on the "Main Stage." Click here for all the info! It would be fun for a date night, or an outing with the kiddos! 

After the play, I met Matthew to get a new desk chair! It is going to be so pleasant to have a comfortable chair when I'm sitting at my desk for hours after school! For dinner I was craving seafood...

And seafood is what I got! I had grilled oysters for the first time in San Fran a few weeks ago, and I've been wanting them since! We went to Pappadeaux and were NOT disappointed! Matthew loves raw oysters. I've tried them a handful of times, and I"ve decided they are just not my thing. Cooked? Heck yes. Raw? No thanks. We also ordered their Shrimp and Crawfish Fondeaux! Seriously I had one happy belly after this meal. I was also ready for bed. #foodcoma

Last week when Krolick and I went to Braum's for lunch I really wanted a milkshake, but chose not to get one. Apparently I had some unfinished business, because I still had that craving...so Sunday evening I fixed that! 
It was delicious, and I regret nothing. Life is short!

After grabbing a milkshake, I headed to Matthew's softball game. Every Sunday night he plays along with some men from the church. I enjoy going out to watch them play, and fellowship with some of the ladies that also go! During the school year I don't usually go if they have a late game (which is like 8pm in my book), so during the summer I go no matter what!


The boys won 14-12! I think they actually beat a team they've never beat before, so they were pretty happy! That's them out on the field. Their team name is "Mighty Men," and that's Matthew on first base! 

We have one more work day tomorrow, then my kids join me Wednesday! I'm so excited to get to know a new group of kids! 

What do I suggest today?

1. Check out the Artisan Theater! Either for a children's play, or a grown-ups play! I've also been to the Circle Theater in downtown Fort Worth. It's a small, intimate type theater too! Perfect for a date night! 

2. Go to Pappadeaux and get the Shrimp and Crawfish Fondeaux! It's an appetizer, and more than enough for 2-3 people. 

3. Think about the things (not electronics) that make you happy no matter what. Take extra time and focus on whatever that thing is! Life gets busy, especially this time of year. Don't get so busy with the things you have to do that you forget the things you enjoy doing! 









No comments:

Post a Comment